Happiness==?

>> Saturday, December 27, 2008

I was just thinking about being happy.

I am right now. Happy, that is. I just wonder why. I mean, does happiness need a reason? Right now, I know I have a good life, a great family and amazing friends, and I'm listening to music I love (Superchick's new CD, Rock What You Got, check it out).

Is that why I'm happy? Is that ever reason enough to be happy? Or is there no reason at all to be happy, because that stuff is normal for me? Or most people?

But, it's not normal. And what is normal? Really, everyone is different, so how can there be such a thing as normal??

It's just another stereotype, being "normal". Because nothing really is "normal". It's just what people say is normal.

What people expect. That's "normal".

Anyway, going back to the part about happiness, as you can probably tell, I have a lot of questions.
But for right now, I'm going to accept that I am, really, happy, and unless something comes up, I don't think that's going to change for a while.

-Angela

Have a good life!

2 comment(s):

Alice December 27, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

Having questions is the easy part; finding the answers... now there's the hard part!

Love,
Alice

Alice January 9, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

totally agree with alice! and I love this post! "what is normal".... :) very good question!!

~Bells~

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates