Reason number 6 of my countdown!

>> Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Here I am again, everybody! See what wonders this countdown is doing for my blogging life? And it's totally helping me get even MORE excited for Mockingjay (and I didn't think that was possible!).


But anyway. Here we go, reason number 6!

• It's written in present-tense.


Yeah, okay, so maybe my inner author is showing today. But seriously! Writing in present tense is really hard (trust me, I've tried) and Suzanne Collins pulls it off perfectly. I mean, she makes it all seem so realistic, like it's really happening at the time, which is exactly what present tense is supposed to feel like, and she also fits in the memories in past tense without it feeling strange. So I totally admire her for that!


And also, since some of you might not think that's a legit reason, or at least not a good one (although I think it is), and I promised to add some little extra things, it's time for *drum roll* Megan's Theory's Time! :D
YAY! Haha...okay then.

So, I started re-reading The Hunger Games again today. And, when I was still on *page FIVE*, I noticed something. Something about Katniss' dad.
Here, straight from the book: 'My father knew and he taught me some before he was blown to bits in a mine explosion. There was nothing even to bury.'
Nothing to bury, huh? Guess what I was thinking...
MAYBE HER DAD COULD STILL BE ALIVE!!!

Okay, I do seriously doubt it myself. But wouldn't that be amazing? I mean, if there was no body to bury, where's the proof that he's dead? He could be hiding out in District 13! I know, it's crazy. Very crazy. But what are your thoughts? I CAN'T WAIT to find out what's going to happen!!!!! :D


Mood: hmm. kinda hungry. foooooood!
Listening to: my summer playlist- right now is My Paper Heart by the All-American Rejects
Quote of the day: "You've got about as much charm as a dead slug." from The Hunger Games! :]
Mockingjay countdown: 6 more days!

4 comment(s):

CRAZY HG FAN(jer),  August 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

that is a very interesting thought.
(it could be after all no one knows whats going down in D13 but whatever it is its awesome )

Alice August 19, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Have you been listening to jabberjays? They had a whole episode with theories, and that was one of 'em.

Glad you're so hyped!
Ally

P.S. Hi jer!

Megan P August 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM  

I haven't listened to the latest episode, but I'm planning to! Yeah, I don't have very many theories of my own, so I was proud I came up with one. :D
(although I guess it wasn't that original) :P

Micah August 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

That's a fascinating theory! It would be fantastic if he was still alive, and at D13.
I love rereading books, you pick up so much more!

Smiles,
Bells

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates