Cow Town!!!

>> Sunday, November 8, 2009

Today I went to COW TOWN!!!

Oh, whoops, I guess only one of you will know what that means. So let me start over...


Today I went to the LIBRARY!!

Yay! My card is still expired, but I have a kind sister who lets me use her card.
:D

I got some really good books, some that I've read before and some that I haven't.
One of them that I haven't read before is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne.

I watched the movie last night, and it was SO GOOD. But also VERY sad. I almost cried at the end, and I never cry during movies. I also learned a lot from it. Great movie.

I really like what's written in the front cover of the book, so I'm going to write it here... :

The story of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is very difficult to describe. Usually we give some clues about the book on the jacket, but in this case we think that would spoil the reading of the book. We think it is important that you start to read without knowing what it is about.

If you do start to read this book, you will go on a journey with a nine-year-old boy called Bruno. (Though this isn't a book for nine-year-olds.) And sooner or later you will arrive with Bruno at a fence.

Fences like this exist all over the world. We hope you never have to encounter such a fence.

I can't wait to read it! Gotta go now. Bye!!

2 comment(s):

Alice November 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Yeah, I've heard about this book. Let me know how it is!


So glad I can comment again!!

Love ya! <3

Ally

Alice November 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

I just want to let you know that I like your playlist. I listen to it a lot. (I am right now)

So thank you for having it up! You have a cool taste in music!

Ally

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates