NaNoWriMo day one: successful!

>> Monday, November 1, 2010

I DID ITTT!!! I survived day one of NaNoWriMo! ...Barely!
Oh yes, it has been a hard day for me on the writing front. Took me FOREVER to get started, and then even once I did get started, I had a hard time keeping up. But I've set my minimum word count goal per day to be 2,000 words, and I got there. So I think today was a success! And of course here I am to blog about about it. WITH PICTURES!!! =O
Yes, I'm excited.

So, I started writing at approx. 7:00 p.m, because I always find that after dinner is the best writing time for me. The first thing I did was figure out how many words minimum I needed to write per day, which I mentioned above. Then, I set out to write down those 2,000 words! Not an easy feat.
Like I'm pretty sure I said in an earlier post, I've actually somewhat planned out this novel. So I know kind of where it's going. But yeah, that didn't really help me today. Well, it did help in some spots. But I still kept getting stuck super easily, even though I knew how my book was supposed to start! Oh and also, here a little treat for you, you get to hear the first sentence! :]
So here it is:
"Being a fugitive is no fun."
 There you go. Are you hooked? Are you thrilled and interested? Well I sure hope so!! Haha, I think it's a pretty good first sentence. Yup yup. I'm a tad bit proud. And I thought of that, like, MONTHS ago. Heh heh.
 But anyway! Even though I knew how everything was mostly supposed to look, I had trouble concentrating. It didn't help that almost all my family members that live here were in the living room (where I am) and talking away, and whenever ANYONE is talking, then my brain FORCES me to listen to that. So yeah, it was super annoying. And that's why, after about an hour of trying to write, I looked like this:


 (yes I cut my bangs on Saturday. :] hehe)
Yeah, it wasn't that great. I also kept getting distracted by my cat, who is the cutest thing ever. Picture (really bad picture that doesn't do him justice, that is) below.



I even took a picture of the ninjas on my email. Yes i was a bit bored. So here's that.


 But aren't they cute?!?!?!? I love gmail!! Oh, right. Anyway! I was stuck. Finally, at around 9:00 I think, most of the people left or stopped talking, and I could get down to business. So I wrote some. And then I stopped for a while. Wrote some. Out of ideas. Wrote some. Didn't like it. Wrote some more. Yeah, it was still a bit bumpy. Hence the next picture:





But then! I had a stroke of genius. I went back to my email, and looked for some old WriMo pep-talks from last year. I found the one I had gotten last Nov. 1st (since I already read the one I got today). I read that one. And it helped me. So then, FINALLY, I went, wrote, and got down my 2,000 words by around 11:00. YAY! And that pep talk is what helped make NaNoWriMo day one: SUCCESSFUL!
 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






So, yes, that's it. Thumbs up for me. :]
But really, for some reason this year (well, I'm not sure I can say that after only one day, but still) seems way harder than last year. Ugh. But hopefully my writing will be better! And I know I CAN DO IT! And so can you.
 Bye everyone! I had a ton of fun making this post. :]


Mood: ready to go to BED!
Listening to: just house noises
Quote of the day: "The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."  ~Anaïs Nin
Random something: I kind of loved doing the pictures with my post things. and yes I actually did take all those at varying stages throughout the evening. so yeah. :D

4 comment(s):

Alice November 4, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

Love the pics! Good job on day one!!! :D


Ally

david_hatton November 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

Loved reading your blog, I'm a regular follower. Beautifully written.

Think you might find my posts and articles interesting, feel free to read them.

http://davidhatton1987.blogspot.com/

Alice December 29, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

That's it: POST AGAIN ALREADY!

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates