Freaking. Out.

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello everybody! I think that CurrClick post got me back into the blogging mood! Or just the fact that I realize I'm going to actually have to start writing again, on Monday. And that's what today's title and post is about!

November 1st is on Monday. That also means NaNoWriMo starts on Monday. MONDAY. And today is FRIDAY. I AM KIND OF MOST DEFINITELY FREAKING OUT!!!! Yeah! And why am I freaking out so much? Mmm, maybe because I haven't seriously written anything since LAST November! I KNOW I KNOW I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON. Wow, I'm saying that a lot lately, aren't I? But really! I'm supposed to be the writer person! I even think of *myself* as 'the writer person'! And yet...I've been neglecting my writing. And I actually feel really bad about that. I mean, seriously. It's what I want to pursue as a career, I should be at least writing somewhat now, right? But I really haven't. I mean, I worked on writing for the group epic in Lit Class, but that's pretty much it. Besides a few other school things, I guess. 

Okay, anyway. I'm going to be doing something a bit different for NaNoWriMo this year. I've had this novel idea in my head since summer, and I was planning to just write it normally starting when I started school, and take a break to do a side project for WriMo, but...I never ended up actually writing it! So I'm going to start on my novel, and try to write the 50,000 words, but I'm not going to try and actually FINISH the novel, because I want it to be longer than that. I think it'll work pretty well! Oh and I'm also actually planning out what I write before I write it, for the first time ever! It's sooo weird. But I really want this book to be the best thing I've ever written. And I am excited along with my nervousness. :]

But yeah! On a random side note, I went to Washington for the day, and visited my cousins while my dad was at a meeting for his work. My cousin Karen (who is almost exactly half a year older than me, on another random note) just got her permit on Wednesday, and she took me out on a drive around the town. *I'd just like to add that her mom WAS in the front seat, and she HAS been driving in their field for several years! So she does know how to drive and it was perfectly safe! Haha just had to put that in.*
But anyway, now I totally feel good about myself...like, if she can drive, I know I can too! So that's cool. I still definitely need to finish reading the driver's manual, though...ugh. :P

Okay then, I think that's all I have to say for now! Be looking for updates in November, though, because who knows, I might post excerpts from my novel or something! ;) Okay, peace ya'll, haha I'm outta here. :]


P.S. I just realized...if you're reading this and have NO idea what I'm talking about about NaNoWriMo, check out either one of these websites!: NaNoWriMo adult program or NaNoWriMo young writers program.


Mood: Tired, but pretty content. :)
Listening to: 'Just The Way You Are' by Bruno Mars. :]
Quote of the day: With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson (my new blog description quote!)
Random something: I just watched How To Train Your Dragon! LONG LIVE THE SHERBERT-DRAGON!!! :]

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates