Music & misc.

>> Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey there. :)
Yes, it's been a little over a month, but I'm back! And I'm in a rather musical mood.
First of all, this weekend is going to be CRAZY full of band stuff. Final concert is tomorrow night, then we have marching, we're even going to be in a parade on Sunday. My first time marching EVER, besides the two times we've practiced in band. I'm so scared!!!!

But anyway, that's not what this post will mainly be about. I had a bunch of cool songs stuck in my head, and I decided that I kind of just wanted to write about them! So basically this will be like a blog full of songs reviews today. Probably the first 10-15 songs I can think of off the top of my head. :] I'm not entirely sure how I'll do this, cause I wanted to post the lyrics to all of the ones I'm talking about that, but that would make this CRAZY long...so maybe I'll just post links (wait, I've got it, I'll post the chorus and then a link for the rest. Yeeahhh go me!). But anyway! Here goes, guess I'll start with the song that's playing right now. :)


1) Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
(this one doesn't really have a proper chorus, but this is basically it)

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Full lyrics: Click here

     Ever since I heard this song, I kind of fell in love with it, just like lots of Plain White T's other songs. It's just got such a sweet, whimsical feel to it, and it's not quite melancholy or hopeful. What else is there to say? It's a classic.

 2) Where is the Love by Black Eyed Peas.

People killin' people dyin'
Children hurtin and ya hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
Or would you turn the other cheek?
FATHER FATHER FATHER help us
Send some guidance from above
'Cuz people got me got me questionin'
Where is the love
Where is the love
Where is the love
Where is the love, the love, the love

Full lyrics: Click here

     So, I've actually only heard this song on the radio a few times, and I was really surprised when I found out it was by BEP. I mean, I just never suspected it! But still, it's a really cool song, and I love the message. 

3) Rolling in the Deep by Adele.

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling
We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
(Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside of your hand
(You're gonna wish you never had met me)
And you played it to the beat
(Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)

Full lyrics: Click here

     So, this song is actually the one that made me want to do this whole post in the first place. I just LOVE IT! It's so soulful and has such a cool sound, kind of funky and bluesey and definitely not the normal type of music, which just adds to my love for it. And it's so dang catchy. :] I don't even think I liked this song the first time I heard it, but it definitely grew on me. Like, I'm listening to it right now, and it just makes me smile and want to belt it out along with Adele at full blast (which I probably would if I wasn't getting over a cold). So yeah. SO GOOD.

4) Cut by Plumb. 

I do not want to be afraid
I do not want to die inside just to breathe in
I'm tired of feeling so numb
Relief exists I find it when
I am cut

Full lyrics: Click here

     This song is just so breathtaking. I swear I want to cry every time I hear it. This song and I actually have a funny relationship, though...I first heard it at my friends house about a year ago and I thought it was horrible, because it was glorifying cutting. But then I heard it again on a tv show last week (20 points to whoever can guess the show!) and I realized that it actually meant much more than that, and that I was absolutely in love with it (and it doesn't help that the scene they played it in was AMAZING too <3 haha). Seriously, even if you have the same misconception about the lyrics that I did at first, you must listen!! And it really does remind me of Evanescence...maybe another reason I love it. :]

5) Near To You by A Fine Frenzy. 

Near to you, I am healing
But it's taking so long
'Cause though he's gone
And you are wonderful
It's hard to move on
Yet, I'm better near to you.

Full lyrics: Click here

     This is another of those breathtakingly sadly beautiful songs...but still so different from the last one I talked about. I've never heard any of A Fine Frenzy's other songs, but I really must change that, because I love this song so much. Like FOR REAL. It's kiiiind of amazingly awesome. Yup.


Okay! Well, my 10-15 has changed to 5, but hey IT'S A GOOD FIVE. Actually, I could've done better, so maybe I'll have to do this again! And it was fun, too. =D

But yeah, that's all for now. See you next time, and LISTEN TO MUSIC! Yeah!




Mood: quite happy!
Listening to: Thistle and Weeds by Mumford & Sons (another amazing song I should've mentioned)
Quote of the day: "You know what? I love what a dirty mind I have."
Random something: uhhhhh...heeeeeyyyy. ;)

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

 

One day at a time | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates